Monday, September 10, 2012

Me working at my 1st show

Here are a few photos that Jessica took of me working at my 1st show with Dr. Wendy Feaga, D.V.M. at the Blue Ridge Rabbit & Cavy Club in West Virginia on September 8, 2012.



In show A, I had the pleasure of examining the following breeds: Mini Satin, Havana, Harlequin (I had to excuse my self since these were Jessica's rabbits), English Spots (again I could not examining them because they were Jessica's), American Fuzzy Lops, French Angoras (large class), Rhineland's, Florida Whites, Dwarf Hotots and Lion Heads.



In show B, I had the opportunity to go over Satin Angoras, English Angoras, Giant Angoras (I had to excuse my self again from judging since Jessica and I had some entered), Rex and Dutch. I must admit I was very intimidated when it came to examining the Dutch. The markings kind of scared me a little. However, Dr. Wendy told me to judge them like as if they were an all white rabbit (body wise) then go back and look at markings.



I even had the opportunity to go over all the Best of Breed Rabbits in show B for the Best in Show line up. As I was going down the line there was some pretty stiff competition, there were some really nice rabbis up on the table. After Dr.Wendy, picked the winners, I was quite surprised that the rabbits I chose were the winners (just in a different order). Which means, I'm getting better at comparing rabbits to the ARBA Standard of Perfection!

No comments:

Post a Comment