Thursday, April 26, 2012

NARBC Wool/Skein Contest

Well I just went through all of my angora fiber that has been stored for the past four months. This fiber will be entered in the National Angora Rabbit Breeders Club Wool/Skein Contest. This will be my 1st time competing on a national level with my angora fibers.

The last time I entered angora fiber was back in February at the United Angora Rabbit Club Wool/Skein/Garment Contest in conjunction with the PaSRBA.

For the national show I entered wool in the following categories:

English Angora clipped, French Angora clipped and plucked, Giant Angora clipped and plucked and Satin Angora clipped and plucked.
 
The Wool Contest will be judged on the following: On a scale of 10 being excellent, 8 is good, 6 is fair, 4 poor, 0 fails.

Presentation
Cleanliness
Condition
Length/Evenness
Strength
Luster/Color
Crimp/Under Coat
Guard Hair
Texture
Overall Balance


As far as the Skein Contest I entered in the following categories: 100% Angora- white or natural color in the Other Ply or Novelty Category, Angora Blends in natural or dyed Other Ply or Novelty, and Angora plied with other fiber in the Go Wild category.

The Skein Contest will be judged on the following: On a scale of 10 being excellent, 8 is good, 6 is fair, 4 poor, 0 fails.

Amount/Evenness of Twist
Angle/Evenness of Ply
Strength
Luster/Color
Clean/Non-shedding
Not Matting
Hand/Feel
Presentation
Appropriate End Use
Overall Appearance

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck!! It's pretty stiff conpetition but I bet you'll do fine!
    I invite you to follow my blog if you so wish.
    www.livingwaterfarm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I happened to find this awesome blog and followed it!
    Was hoping that in return you would check out and follow my blog.
    Thanks!
    Bunny Hugs,
    Bunny Boy
    ilovebunniesandrabbits.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete