Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Niagara Frontier RBA Double Cavy Show Results


*Sorry No Photos this time!* 

 

The Niagara Frontier RBA held its Double Cavy Show on September 14 in Batavia, NY at the fairgrounds. The show was well attended there was over 100 cavy’s entered with quite a few youth cavies entered which is always great to see!

 

I traveled to NY with my friend Faith from MD. Friday night I had the great honor of having dinner with friends of mine Lorelei , Faith and Elaine. We ate at Alex’s Place which is known for its Ribs . They even won the People Choice Award in 2010, 2011 & 2012 at the ROC City Rib Fest! 

 

On show day once I got the cavies set up, I went over to chat with my angora friends. There was a BIG turnout of Giant Angoras from Jack and Karin Bailey and Marilyn DeMarree. I think I counted over 12 of them! There were a few French Angora being shown by Charlotte Schweikart, Kim Witherow and I believe a few other angora exhibitors. Charlotte’s beautiful Pointed White French Angora went on to win RIS I believe. There were a few English and Satin Angoras as well.  Next time I go to New York, I’ll bring some EA, GA & SA’s to show.

 

I also picked up something VERY, VERY Special at the New York Show! However, for now it’s a secrete!

My cavies did pretty well…

 

Under Faith Storms my cavy’s won...

·         Riddles (Coronet)  - Best of Breed Coronet /BJV/BJB (only one)

·         Patches (Peruvian) –3rd

·         Paddington (Peruvian)  – 1st

·         Hampton (Silkie) – 1st

·         M & M (Jessica’s Youth Teddy) – 1st

 

In the other show under Mary Lou Eisel...

·         Riddles (Coronet)  - Best of Breed Coronet /BJV/BJB (only one)

·         Patches (Peruvian) –2nd

·         Paddington (Peruvian)  – 1st

·         Hampton (Silkie) – 1st

·         M & M (Jessica’s Youth Teddy) – 1st

 

Once I got back to Maryland I drove to King George, VA to pick up animals that were waiting on me from my friend Kim who graciously picked them up from the North Carolina Show the day before. I am very blessed that I have such great Rabbit & Cavy Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment