Thursday, February 12, 2015

We have Harlequins again!


After dispersing of Jessica’s Harlequins last fall, I thought I was done with the breed completely. Except for my commitments to the Eastern Harlequin Rabbit Club, as secretary and the 2016 Show Secretary for the National Harlequin Show in that will be in New Jersey.  In late December early January, I started to miss the breed and the surprises that would pop up in the nest boxes. So I started to put feelers out for a couple of Japanese and Magpies.

Fuzzibutt’s Rabbitry will be working with Harlequins on a small scale and may occasionally have some available to pet/brood or show homes in the future.  Thank you to Sarah Freund of The Harlequin Hatchery in MD, John Spence of Charmed Rabbitry in PA, Gail Smith of Sunshine’s Rabbitry in NY and Nicole and Jarrett Keys of Eagle Creek’s Rabbitry & Caviry in MD for a new start in the breed.

Fingers crossed for healthy, nicely marked babies in the nest boxes this spring.

1 comment: