Thursday, February 12, 2015

Judges Conference Angora Wool Presentation


I was asked at the 91st ARBA Convention in Texas if I would like to be a presenter/speak at the Official ARBA Judges Conference Friday, February 6, 2015 in conjunction with the Pennsylvania State Rabbit Breeders Association Show. Of course I jumped at the opportunity to speak about my love of wool breeds (English Angora, French Angora, Giant Angora and Satin Angora).

The conference was broken down into multiple stations where a presenter/speaker could demonstrate and talk about their specific breeds for up to 12-15 minutes. My good friend and buddy in crime Debbie McCormick was helper for the evening. Debbie allowed me to use Odin one of her Ruby Eyed White English Angoras in FULL show coat to demonstrate the proper texture and density and body on a English Angora. Those who attended the conference had the opportunity to have “hands on” with an exceptional specimen of the breed. Debbie even did a brief lesson on spinning angora fiber. This allowed the judges the unique experiences to see angora fiber in action, doing what it was meant to do.
 
 

I am proud to say that all 4 Angora breeds (English Angora, French Angora, Giant Angora and Satin Angora) were well represented at the judge’s conference. A big THANK YOU to Deb Clemens and June Abbott of North Carolina for allowing me to borrow a French Angora and a Satin Angora for my presentation.

The following day I had quite a few judges come up and thank me for my detailed description of the three DISTINCT types of Giant Angora fiber. 

No comments:

Post a Comment