Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Resume: Seeking Position as BOD for UARC



I would like to take this time to ask fellow UARC’s members for their vote in electing me as one of the Board of Directors for our wonderful club. For those members who do not know me, my name is Melissa Deitrich and I am from the 1st state of Delaware. My rabbitry is called Fuzzibutt’s Rabbitry where I concentrate on English Angoras, French Angoras, Giant Angoras and Satin Angoras. My 1st love is the Giant Angora breed, though. This year I have had the unique opportunity to show some of my stock in GA, NC, TN, VA, PA, MD, NY, CT, MA, OH, and WV. As time allows me I plan to show in more states with my daughter Jessica who is also currently active in showing angoras. I have had the great pleasure in assisting new breeders in Georgia, South Carolina and Minnesota with exceptional quality Giant Angoras.

I have been a member of the NARBC and the UARC for many years now. Currently I hold a position as the NARBC’s Internet Chairman, effective February 2012. I am also the current Vice President of the Delmarva Rabbit & Cavy Club. In the past I have helped organized a UARC Specialty Show in Easton, MD with the help of Julie George. I am currently the show superintendent for the Mineral Wells UARC Show in WV, which just passed (5/12/12). I also participated in the National Angora Rabbit Breeders Club Garment/Skein and Wool contest for the first time at Angora Nationals in April. I attended my first Angora Nationals in Palmyra, New York. I was honored to win Best of Breed Giant Angora, Best in Giant Angora Wool, and Best In Specialty Wool (over the other three angora breeds). I was also honored to be awarded the Best Opposite Sex Satin Angora at Nationals as well.

In the near future my goal is to have more UARC specialty shows in MD, PA, and VA. I plan to work closely with local All-Breed Rabbit Clubs over the next few months to hopefully have more double and triple shows for angora lovers.

I am also an avid spinner who loves to share my joy of harvesting, owning, and showing angora rabbits with youth in my area. I am the 4-H Leader of the Here & There 4-H Club. We have plans in the works to hold the 1st ever recognized ARBA Youth Rabbit Show in late 2012 or early 2013, which would be open to all youth, both 4-H and non-4H participants. This would be a monumental step in promoting rabbits in Delaware. Delaware does not have a state rabbit club nor has Delaware ever held an ARBA Sanctioned Rabbit Show before.

Because of my passion for rabbits and extensive involvement with them, I believe I can provide new ideas and prospective that will allow our club to continue to prosper. I look forward to the opportunity to server members of the UARC and its unique make up of angora lovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment