Tuesday, February 7, 2012

UARC Skein/Garment/Wool Contest

This year was my 1st time entering the UARC Skein/Garment/Wool Contest at PaSRBA. This was my practice run before I enter items at Angora Nationals in NY in April.


I was very please with the results of all of my fibers that were entered in the Wool Classes. Since I raise all four breeds of angoras I was able to enter in each category. The category's were as follows: English Angora Plucked, English Angora Sheared; French Angora Plucked, French Angora Sheared; Giant Angora Plucked, Giant Angora Sheared; Satin Angora Plucked, Satin Angora Sheared.

I'm please to announce my Plucked French Angora won 1st place.

I entered the Skein Contest this year with three different items. The 1st item I entered was my BOB French Angora from last years PaSRBA Show. Two Oak's Yum Yum Yum "S more's" is a Black French Angora Senior Buck. Every time I grow his coat out, its already pre sold. The last item I grew his coat out I kept it on the down low so I can spin his fiber for my self to make a hat or scarf for my self. I entered his wool in the 100% Angora White or Natural Colored Classes under Two Ply. I was lucky enough to watch the judge, judge my fiber. She said I would of one 1st place if I would of entered my item in the correct class which was Other Ply or Novelty Yarn. Now I know for next time.

This year there was quite a few entries in all the categories. Here are a few photos...

No comments:

Post a Comment