Sunday, October 27, 2013

Cavy Banquet



The Cavy Banquet was held at The Mountain Road Restaurant. My group from the Shady Pig Swap did an excellent job with the table decorations, games, door prizes and goodie bags. I have to admit I did not join the Shady Pig Swap group in time to assist everyone with putting on an excellent banquet, so kudos to ALL of YOU!




The dinner was served buffet style with great food for all. There was roast beef, turkey, spanakopita (vegetarian) as well as green beans, carrots, salad, potatoes, rice and great rolls.

At first I sat with a group of people from Texas (2 ladies and a guy), a dual judge from Alaska and a gentleman that raised Californian rabbits I think from Wisconsin, but I could be wrong. I also had the pleasure of sitting with a lady (sorry I do not remember your name) but she was super interesting. She raised Skunks and other exotic animals including cavy’s. She was a 4-H leader in NJ than moved out of state.


Later in the evening, I had the pleasure of talking to a few Canadian Cavy exhibitors, who I have met previously at a show in upstate New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment