Sunday, January 6, 2013

Greater Appalachian Allilance Rabbit Show 1/5/12



Jessica and I were grooming all of our angoras on Friday night planning to leave Delaware by 9 pm to head to North Carolina for the Greater Appalachian Alliance Rabbit Show held in Hickory, NC. We made it to the show grounds by 5:30 am after a few pit stops during the wee early hours. The show was held at the Hickory Tractor Supply. Since the show area was small Jessica and I "set-up" outside. It was a very brisk morning! The show was ran VERY well! Everyone was very friendly. Even the manager on duty came over to us and asked if we needed anything. I don't remember her name but she found us an outlet to plug our dryer into!



Show A
In Show A our Flemish Giants were judged by Mike Adams. We won 1st place 6/8 Black Buck and 6/8 Black Doe. Our black doe went on to win BOSV. We had great comments on our Flemish Giants regarding condition and coat! I guess our Flemish Giants are lucky that they get to be "pretend angoras"...they are put on our grooming table and blown out with the dryer like the angoras!

Our angoras were judged by Jody Hartman our Satin Angoras did pretty well. We did not take home Best of Breed but my good friend Deb Clemns won with her Pointed Satin Angora I think (I left to get the other bunnies ready). We won 1-3 with our junior does, and BOSV with our junior buck.

The Giant Angoras did well also we won Best of Breed and Best Opposite Sex of Breed under Jody Hartman.

When the time came for Best In Show...my Giant Angora 6/8 doe was really being looked at by Lee Engel "the man with the many hats." After he picked BIS, Lee came up to me to tell me if they would of offered Award of Merritt...my little doe would of won it.

Show B

We had the same placements except my 6/8 Black Flemish Giant doe won 2nd this time around under Lee Engel. He two gave great comments about our Flemish Giants and the condition they were in.

As for the Satin Angoras the junior does won 1-3rd and the junior buck won BOSV. My guys and gals are still very little...but they should mature into nice bunnies. Jamie Green said my Satin Angoras had the body to develop very nicely.

The Giant Angoras were also judge by Jamie Green my SR Doe Fuzzibutt's I Want This N That "Krislyn" won another leg for BOB. We also won BOSB with my old timer who was the National Specialty winner at Angora Nationals back in April.

What a great day to spend with new and old friends! I loved chatting to Charles Bryant, Cheryl Gott, Billy Carter about Flemish Giants and Deb Clemns and Linda Willis about angoras. I also met quite a few English Angora breeders and exhibitors as well.


Me grooming bunnies before we put them in the travel carriers.

Travel carriers all ready for the 15 bunnies we took.


Each state Jessica and I travel to I always by Lottery Tickets for the two of us. 
One day we will win big, then we can buy lots of bunny stuff at the shows!

 Our show set up out side. I was freezing, I had two sweat shirts on plus my jacket.

My assistant...Jessica grooming angoras.

My partner in crime...grooming angoras

This photo was taken by Elizabeth Meadows at the show.
 I was getting all of my Giant Angoras bucks ready to go up on the show table.
 We had 3 senior bucks, and two 6/8 bucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment